Every tool I recommend meets the following 5 criteria:
- It must be best of class. Duh! Why use it if it’s not good?
- It must be cloud based. I want to be able to access my content from all my devices.
- It must be completely cross platform. For decades I was a Mac bigot — now I just want us all to get along. Again, I want to be able to access my content from all my devices.
- It must be robust. I try to never use two tools where one will do so I want the tools I use and recommend to have all the features needed to do the work.
- It must be freemium. I like to try things for free and then invest in the tool if it meets my needs. I like to pay for the products I use because I don’t want them to disappear like Google Reader did.
Frequently when you run these filters on a product, only one clear winner will emerge!