Sure, you could use Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook to receive and send your Gmail or G-suites email but why would you want to? Remember, my bias here is always to make things as simple as possible but no simpler and to never use two tools where one will do so let me make my case.
To me, using Gmail in the Chrome browser provides ample evidence that God loves us and wants us to be productive. I have done multiple posts and screencasts about how well these features work and I’ll include some at the end of the post but here’s a short list of the things that you can do from Gmail in the browser.
- Use a robust list of keyboard shortcuts to make processing your email much faster.
- Use advanced search to find hard to find emails.
- Use tabs to autoclassify emails and separate the ham from the spam.
- Conduct a video or text chat using the hangouts window.
- Call one of your contacts through your computer without ever picking up a telephone.
Gmail is so much more than just email and it works best in the browser. If you have not experienced it yet it is difficult to imagine what you might be missing! Here are my top 15 screencasts ranked in order of popularity…
You can find the rest here…